Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Occupy SLC, Part III

This entry made possible by the Blogger app for Android, on my Motorola ATRIX. 
I dropped my laptop on its head today, and broke a piece of the plastic case, near the top corner of the display. The screen doesn't work on it anymore, but this app seems quite capable of performing the necessary tasks.
I talked to Jordan, a friend of mine, who lives in Provo. Concerning the movement, he said he had a friend who reports for what I think is a college newspaper there in Provo. The reporter, according to Jordan, drove up here to cover the event, and in the process, succeeded in convincing a female protester to abandon the cause, and go home. After he questioned her about the protests, it became apparent that she didn't know why she was here at the park. He never asked her to go home, it just dawned on her that she wasn't well-enough informed to want to stay.  That, or perhaps she ran out of marijuana.
Tonight, I'm set up beneath a tree, near the first night's location, and the general size of the camp seems to be decreasing ever so slightly.  There are still transients and pot-heads frequenting the place. I hear someone banging on what sounds like a thin steel saucepan, and it's minutes after midnight.
I turned out not needing the heater last night, and didn't bother with it tonight. The last time I had it in the tent, Sunday night, it ran out of fuel halfway through the night. It was the first night I had it going continuously, so I wasn't sure how long the fuel supply lasted. I found out--the cold way.

1 comment:

Jason Grizzle said...

Thank you for crediting the app. You are very proper person.

And I am very happy to hear of your adventures... braving the smoke and ignorance to get the inside scoop on a failure of a cause. Keep it up!